Congresspapers


Transplantation Online


Onlineshop


Zeitschrift

Transplantationsmedizin
* Einzelheftbezug

Instructions to authors


Industrieinformationen


Lexikon


Links


Impressum


Newsletter


Kontakt

 

Home Kontakt    
TransplantationZeitschriftTransplantationsmedizin3/2010Formanek, M., Schöffski, O.

Difficulties with the Organ Donation Process in Small Hospitals in Germany

M. Formanek, O. Schöffski

Abstract
Background: The discrepancy between the need for organs and the number of organs donated in Germany leads to a search for the causes of this deficit.
Methods: 78 small hospitals in Germany were interviewed about the difficulties with the organ donation process. Data were acquired by means of a structured telephone interview.
Results: 44% of the participating hospitals reported no organ donor between 2004 and 2008, the remaining 56% at least one. The main results show that one third of these small hospitals already had difficulties in communicating with bereaved relatives about donation. In addition to this, 31% of the respondents reported problems during the organ removal process, 41% in identifying potential organ donors.
Conclusions: By implementing adequate measures, these difficulties with the organ donation process can be tackled.

Key words: organ donation, hospital, communication with bereaved relatives, donor identification, diagnosis of brain death


Prof. Dr. Oliver Schöffski
Lehrstuhl für Gesundheitsmanagement
Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Lange Gasse 20
90403 Nürnberg
E-Mail:
oliver.schoeffski@bitte-keinen-spamwiso.uni-erlangen.de


 























F. Ambagtsheer, W. Weimar (Eds.)
The EULOD Project Living Organ Donation in Europe






G. Randhawa & S. Schicktanz (Eds.)
Public Engagement in Organ Donation and Transplantation






Akademie Niere (Hrsg.)
VI. Intensivkurs Nieren- und Hochdruckkrankheiten der Akademie Niere






B. Braam, K. Jindal, .J. Dorhout Mees
Hypertension and Cardiovascular Aspects of Dialysis Treatment






W.G. Land
Die (Un)sterblichkeit der Menschheit: dem Geheimnis auf der Spur






W.G. Land
Innate Alloimmunity: Part 1: Innate Immunity and Host Defense






W.G. Land
Innate Alloimmunity: Part 2: Innate Immunity and Allograft Rejection






G. Seyffart

Seyffart's Directory of Drug Dosage in Kidney Disease






W. Weimar, M. A. Bos, J. J. V. Busschbach (Eds.)

Organ Transplantation: Ethical, Legal and Psychosocial Aspects. Expanding the European Platform






Für den AKTX (Hrsg.): E. Homburg, P. Hecker

Transplantationspflege






Hanna Fleps, Martina Oebels, Maja Becker-Mohr (Hrsg.)

Absender? Unbekannt! Ratgeber und Geschichten von Kindern mit einem Spenderherz






Weimar, W., Bos, M. A., Busschbach, J. J. (Eds)

Organ Transplantation: Ethical, Legal and Psychosocial Aspects. Towards a Common European Policy






R. B. Brauer, M. Stangl, U. Heemann

Eine neue Niere ist wie ein neues Leben






A. und B. Markus

Der Weg in ein neues Leben - Die Lebertransplantation






B. M. Meiser, P. Überfuhr, R. B. Brauer, B. Reichart

Ein neues Herz ist wie ein neues Leben






Rudolf J. Tschaut

Extrakorporale Zirkulation in Theorie und Praxis






T. Gutmann, A. S. Daar, R. A. Sells, W. Land (Eds.)

Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues in Organ Transplantation






F. W. Albert, W. Land, E. Zwierlein (Hrsg.)

Transplantationsmedizin und Ethik - Auf dem Weg zu einem gesellschaftlichen Konsens


 

Copyright (C) 2003-2015 Pabst Science Publishers